The matter is getting worse – top northern monarch raises alarm over attacks by insurgents, bandits

– Top northern monarch, the Shehu of Borno, has expressed grave concern over activities of insurgents following the attack on the convoy of the state governor

– The traditional ruler noted that an attack on such a highly-placed individual means nobody else is safe in the state

– Gunmen suspected to be insurgents opened fire on Borno governor’s convoy according to reports that emerged on Wednesday, July 29 but nobody was injured

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The Shehu of Borno, Abubakar Ibn Umar Garbai Elkanemi, has raised the alarm over the rising attacks by Boko Haram insurgents on the northeastern state.

Daily Trust reports that Elkanemi, who was reacting to the recent attack on the convoy of state governor Prof. Babagana Zulum by the insurgents, lamented that Borno was no longer safe.

Coronavirus: Traders reveal hike in cost of food items as Easter beckons

The Borno monarch made the statement on Friday, July 31 when he paid a visit to the governor at the Government House in the state capital Maiduguri on the occasion of the Sallah celebrations.

He said: “If the convoy of the whole Chief Security Officer of the state will be attacked, then wallahi, nobody is safe, because he is the number one citizen of the state, he is the Chief Security Officer of the State.

“If a convoy of such highly placed person in the State will be attacked, I repeat, nobody is safe. “The matter is getting worse. “

Shehu of Borno raises alarm over increased Boko Haram attacks

Shehu of Borno, Elkanemi, says the security situation in the state is getting worse. Photo credit: Daily Trust
Source: UGC

Legit.ng reported on Wednesday, July 29 that unknown gunmen, suspected to be insurgents, attacked the convoy of Governor Zulum, at Baga, a town in the northeastern state.

The Borno governor was on his way to some internally displaced persons (IDP) camps in the northern part of the state when the incident happened.

Nigerian striker scores 2 goals to help top European club stretch their unbeaten run to 9 games

“The governor went to Kukawa, and on his way to Baga his convoy was attacked. Nobody was injured,” a source was quoted to have said.

The Shehu of Borno’s comments came the same day President Muhammadu Buhari said Nigerians know that his administration has done its best to improve the security situation in the country.

This, he said, is so when compared with what he met on ground when he came into office in May 2015.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The president pointed out that much had been achieved security-wise from the situation he inherited in 2015.

This was contained in a message he sent to Nigerians shortly after performing the Eid prayers with his family on Friday.

Soldiers have killed 92 Boko Haram members in the past week – Major General Enenche | Legit TV

Kogi guber: Huge number of APC aspirants is due to my efforts, says Gov Bello

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com